Homemade tacos are the ideal weeknight supper. These Easy Ground Beef Tacos are better than take-out and take only minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Course: Dinner, Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
TACOS DE MEXICO
On soft corn tortillas, traditional Mexican beef tacos are prepared with marinated sliced or shredded beef. Those are fantastic! But it is not what most Americans envision when they think of traditional tacos.
RECIPE FOR GROUND BEEF TACOS
Most of us grew up eating ground beef tacos with loads of toppings in a crispy corn shell or a soft flour tortilla. In this recipe, we’ll make a classic taco. We’re not, however, utilizing a pre-packaged taco spice mix. A delicious homemade taco seasoning is used in this dish.
WHAT KIND OF GROUND BEEF SHOULD I USE FOR TACOS?
Because it does not need to be drained of fat after cooking, lean ground beef is the finest meat for tacos. There is just enough fat in the meat to make it delicious, but not so much that it becomes greasy. By omitting the process of draining the fat, this taco dish is quick and simple.
Of course, if you have extra fatty ground beef, you may still use it in this recipe. Cook the meat and drain the fat before adding the taco spices.
TACOS: HOW TO MAKE THEM
- In a pan over medium-high heat, break up lean ground beef.
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned.
- To the meat, add tomato sauce and water.
- Cook until part of the liquid has gone but the meat remains juicy.
- Fill hard taco shells or tiny soft tortillas with 2 teaspoons of taco meat.
- Tacos may be topped with any of your favorite classic taco ingredients.
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Diced onion
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
HOW MUCH TACO MEAT DO YOU REQUIRE FOR EACH PERSON?
2 tablespoons of taco meat per taco are the right quantity whether you use the usual size hard taco shell or small 6-inch flour tortillas. This recipe yields 12 tacos from 1 pound of lean ground beef. I usually serve three tacos per person. As a result, I use 1 pound of taco meat for 4 people.
- 1 lb. 90% to 93% lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 taco shells – either hard shells or small 6-inch soft flour tortillas will work
- Optional Taco Toppings: shredded cheese shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, taco sauce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the meat. Using a wooden spoon, shred the meat. To the meat, add the chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir everything together thoroughly. Cook, turning occasionally, until the beef is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Combine the tomato sauce and water in a mixing bowl. To mix, stir everything together. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring periodically, until part of the liquid has evaporated but the meat mixture is still somewhat saucy. Take the pan off the heat.
- Warm the taco shells as directed on the box.
- 2 heaping teaspoons taco meat in each taco shell Toppings for tacos include shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, taco sauce, sour cream, guacamole, and so on.
Serving: 1/12th | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Like What You Are Reading? Try Out Some Other Recipes.
3 diabetic-friendly desserts you can try
Easy Homemade Cheesy Beef Quesadilla Recipe
Super Simple Mongolian Beef Recipe
5 Bengali Recipes You Should Try
3 Recipes You Should Try On A Rainy Day